Monday, December 1, 2014

Magic on the MTA

In a massive city of over 8.4 million people, it is sometimes very difficult to find other cardists walking the street. The one magic shop is found in midtown Manhatten; a 1 hour commute from home. I have tried to find a group of cardists that I can practice and interact with. So when I finally saw a kid playing with cards on the subway, my inner patrick emerged.
I walked over and introduced myself and asked what flourish he was working on. A pressure fan is a way to display a deck by putting pressure on the cards to make the fan as even as possible. I admitted that this move was a flourish that i did not actively practice. However, we sat for a half and hour and just practiced that one move. It was also nice to gain one follower on instagram as well. (Note: follow me! link in the right sidebar!)

Too bad New York City doesn't have the massive cardisty community like LA, Singapore, or the Philippines. But then again, the Professor Dai Vernon started in NYC, so there must be something magical here as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment